Which colour pass?
ID passes are in a landscape format, and are in one of four colours for restricted:
- yellow passes are issued for landside use only
- grey is for controlled areas
- orange for cargo area
- red passes are only issued to certain job functions
Additionally, blue-and-yellow hatched design used solely for aircrew.
Each pass also carries a highly visible number or numbers. These show the areas of the restricted zone that the holder may be given access to (see table below).
Only those who have a specific need to enter the baggage make-up areas will be allowed access. Those who have been given access have a red B on their pass, next to the access numbers.
1. Internal areas of restricted zone (departure lounges, piers and the interior of other buildings) with the exception of 2 and 3 below.
2. Baggage reclaim halls
3. Baggage make-up areas
5. Aircraft and their footprints
6 All other areas of restricted zone (eg runways)
7. All areas