At Gatwick we're dedicated to shaping the future of world travel and delivering the highest possible standards.
Our next engineering apprenticeship programme is open now. Find out more and apply.
Our engineers work round the clock, 365 days a year and are essential to the smooth running of the airport. This means having a well trained, motivated team of technicians to ensure the equipment at our airport is safe, reliable and works when it should!
Watch an engineering apprentice in action
Hear first-hand what it takes to maintain and service all areas of the airport from Dan Pope, our fourth year engineering apprentice.
About our programme
We run a four year engineering apprenticeship programme which offers you the chance to earn while you train and get a nationally recognised qualification at the end of the course. If you're the type of person who can:
- Attend college regularly, work hard and ensure you assessments are completed to the highest standards
- Work as part of a team
- Take personal responsibility for working safely and follow the company's health and safety policies at all time
- Be flexible and helpful
- Maintain high professional standards at all time
Here's our criteria for applying to be an apprentice. You'll need to:
- Have a minimum of four GCSEs at grade C or above in English, maths, science and a technical subject
- Be interested in mechanical, electrical or electronic engineering
- Have full colour vision
- Be aged between 16 and 57
- Embrace the desire to learn in a challenging, fast moving airport environment
- Show good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.