Our approach to sustainability mirrors the obligations and commitments we signed up to in our S106 Legal Agreement back in 2008.
The Agreement was developed in partnership with both West Sussex County Council and Crawley Borough Council and sets out key activities that we are legally obliged to undertake as we continue to develop Gatwick sustainably.
At the core of our journey towards a sustainable Gatwick we have created a 10 point sustainability plan – 10 issues and 10 years to achieve them.
Our 10 year plan By 2020 our plan is to:
- Demonstrate we are a trusted and valued neighbour by making a positive contribution to Gatwick’s local community
- Fulfil our role as an economic driver of local regional and national significance
- Increase sustainable access options for our passengers and staff
- Reduce carbon emissions by 50% against a 1990 baseline
- Work with airlines and partners to improve air quality
- Reduce the impact of operational noise
- Generate no waste to landfill and recycle 70% of Gatwick waste
- Reduce energy (against a 1990 baseline) and water consumption (against a 2010 baseline) by 20%
- Improve the quality of water leaving the airport
- Have an award winning approach to on-airport biodiversity
Find out more about our plan to 2020 in the documents below:
Our sustainability policy
Decade of change- 2011 performance
Decade of change - 2010 performance
Or contact our sustainability team at email@example.com