Why Gatwick - the business case
Gatwick Airport is open for business! We're the only major London airport to still have slot availability. Right now we can offer:
- 25% capacity available
- The ability to grow to 45 million by the mid 2020s
- And we'll be ready for the A380 by summer 2013
Costs and yield
Gatwick offers one of the lowest airport charging structures of any primary European airport and we achieve a yield premium of at least 9% over competing routes at Stansted.
Since coming under new ownership, we've been working at a fast pace to change the face of Gatwick. We're nearly two-thirds along the way with our £1.2 billion investment programme to change the face of Gatwick.
Here are just a few of the major changes we've made so far:
- A quick and convenient connection on our inter terminal shuttle
- Quick and easy access into North Terminal through our new interchange which incorporates a new forecourt, shuttle station, lifts and escalators
- More space, shops and restaurants in the extended South Terminal departure lounge
- A brand new entrance and forecourt at our South Terminal.