Capital Investment Plan
Gatwick is undergoing the biggest transformation in its history. Over the next 10 years we want Gatwick to become the airport of choice, not only in London but in Europe, delivering world class service to our passengers.
Much of this transformation is being delivered through our £1.2 billion capital investment programme. Our aim is to be a bright contemporary airport that provides a smooth journey for everyone, and is flexible enough to deal with a growing business.
We've created a visual website with video, images and narrative to tell the story of our development plans.
The story so far
We are already two thirds of the way through the investment programme. The benefits our passengers are already enjoying include:
- a quick and convenient connection on our improved shuttle
- quick and easy access into North Terminal through our new interchange which includes a new forecourt, shuttle station, lifts and escalators
- a stunning extension to North Terminal, including new check-in zones and a new baggage reclaim area
- easier access into South Terminal with a large new entrance and improvements to the forecourts
- a lighter, brighter and less cluttered feel to the check-in and arrivals areas, with new flooring throughout
- a completely new experience of security with our new security area in South Terminal, with dedicated facilities for families, those needing assistance, and for premium passengers
- improvements to the departure lounges in both terminals, with new brands and better facilities
- in South Terminal arrivals we’ve improved the facilities at passport control, with a lighter, brighter area and a better layout.
Things might be busy for a while
We still have over 200 projects either in progress or planned so you’re likely to see a few construction hoardings – but we’ll do our best to minimise disruption.
Our current investment programme will be complete by March 2014. But that’s not the end of the story and we’re already talking to our airline partners about their future needs, and we intend to go from strength to strength.