• You are allowed an additional item of hand baggage even when travelling with a child who has no seat assigned to them. But do check restrictions with your airline.
• Passengers can take buggies to the gate. These items will need to be x-rayed.
• You may carry milk powder. There are no limits for powder formula. Bottled water is available in shops after security or your airline can provide water during the flight.
• Passengers can carry containers of prepared milk – and they do not have to be under 100ml nor carried in the transparent bag. However, the amount must be just sufficient for your trip and you may be asked to open and taste as many as half of the containers at security. The same rules apply for jars of babyfood
• Passengers can buy ready-to-drink infant formula after security from Boots – and this can be ordered in advance by calling: 01293 569606 (North Terminal) and 01293 569353 (South Terminal).
• Passengers may carry baby car seats (for use on the plane) through security, but should check with their airline.
Back to top