- Choose Gatwick FREE Wi-Fi from the available wireless networks.
- Type in any webpage that isn’t gatwickairport.com, e.g. www.bbc.co.uk. You will be re-directed to Boingo Hotspot.
- Click the blue ‘get online’ button.
- Select the second option, Gatwick FREE Wi-Fi and click the white ‘get online now’ button.
- Create a myGatwick account or log in if you’re already registered.
- Click the pink 'get online' button to get your first 45 minutes of free Wi-Fi.
- Once that session is finished, repeat step 6 for a further 45 minutes.
Q. I am seeing the message ‘validate your email’ before getting onto Wi-Fi, how do I connect?
A. We will send everyone who registers a validation email, but you do not need to click this to get online. To get 90 minutes free Wi-Fi, simply:
- Navigate to the ‘Get online’ pink button at the top of the page. (If you cannot see the 'get online' button, click 'take me to my dashboard' and it will appear).
- Click the pink 'Get online' button to get your first 45 minutes of free Wi-Fi.
- Once that session is finished, repeat step 2 for a further 45 minutes.
Once you are online and can access your emails, you can verify your email address to ensure you are seeing all the offers available to you. Please note you will have to verify your email address to see the free coffee from Pret voucher.
Q. I’ve followed the steps but am still having wi-fi problems
A. Please email email@example.com giving details.
Please contact us and give your date of travel, airline, flight number, time and destination by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate.
If you want to turn off flight alerts, navigate to the flight in ‘upcoming flights’ and in the top right hand corner, click on the OFF next to flight alerts so that it is highlighted in white. You are only able to turn off your flight alerts if your flight is more than 48 hours away.
If it says ‘view’ on the pink button:
These vouchers require you to visit another website to make a payment. For example, Official Gatwick Parking.
If it says ‘select’ on the pink button:
These vouchers can be used instantly on the day or added in advance of your trip.
You can then email them to yourself, add them to Passbook or show them on your smartphone when you’re at the airport.
If you have selected vouchers that require payment, such as Official Gatwick Parking, you need to follow the instructions on the voucher to redeem it.
Follow the steps below to re-send the email:
1. Go to the myGatwick sign in page
2. Enter the email address and password you originally registered with (forgotten your password? Click the link to reset it).
3. You will see the 'validate your email address' page. Click the 'still no luck?' link to send yourself another email.
If you still don’t receive it, please tell us by emailing email@example.com.
Q. My email address is not recognised
A. You can create your account again using the following link: https://www.gatwickairport.com/mygatwick/portalgate/create-account/
Q. My password is not recognised
A. Reset your password using the following link: https://www.gatwickairport.com/mygatwick/portalgate/forgot-password/
Q. How do I close my account?
A. Please email us to request your account to be closed firstname.lastname@example.org.