Travelling with children

If you're travelling with an unrelated child please read on

Travelling with non-relative children

If you are travelling with a child - that's anyone under 18 - and are not the child's parent, or may appear not to be the parents (for example, if you have a different family name), the border officer may ask you a few questions to establish your relationship with the child.

Please complete our young traveller's form and bring it with you if you're travelling with a child who's not your relative or meeting an unaccompanied minor.

You can also find out more in the Children Travelling to the UK leaflet published on the UKBA website.

Children under 18 are not able to use the e-passport gates.