Airport security officers
Do you want to make a difference to passengers every single day?
We want to set the standard for airport service and for our airport to be known for its warm welcome, ease of use and exemplary service.
We need dedicated and approachable people to play a fundamental role in ensuring our customers get the best experience when they travel through Gatwick Airport, and we are now recruiting for security officers.
Position: Security Officer (Pool)
Salary: £19,741.65 p.a. plus excellent Gatwick benefits
Shift allowance: A shift allowance will normally be payable unless allocated to a fixed day roster
Type of contract: 12 month fixed term with the potential of moving to a permanent contract after this period - full time, shift working (average 40 hours/week)
If you are successful at all stages of the recruitment process, you will be placed on our waiting list for a suitable start date.
What will the role involve?
- Providing great customer service to all our passengers
- Communicating effectively and demonstrating understanding to passengers whilst ensuring security procedures are always followed
- Screening all people and items that enter restricted areas using x-ray machines/hand searches and carrying out vehicle searches which meet Department for Transport (DfT) standards
- Checking ID and travel documents of everyone entering restricted areas
- Helping with passenger preparation and queue feeding
- Patrolling the terminal and surrounding areas to ensure buildings are secure and potential risks identified
- Assisting in emergency situations such as terminal evacuations
- Co-operating with members of a number of other organisations e.g. the Police, Customs, Immigration, Fire Service, Airlines
Security experience is not essential as full training and support will be provided.
What type of person are we looking for?
- enjoy working as part of a team, supporting and assisting your colleagues
- find a busy work environment stimulating
- have an enthusiastic, friendly, flexible and professional approach
- have experience of dealing with demanding customers in a sensitive way using clear communication skills
- actively seek and make suggestions for more efficient ways of working and improving the customer's experience
and you'll be able to:
- work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends, religious and bank holidays and some early starts of 0245 hrs;
- be reliable and punctual with a smart appearance at all times;
- demonstrate good observation and object recognition;
- stand for long periods of time, reach up and bend down during body searches and lift hand luggage;
- pass security background checks in line with DfT regulations;
- read, write and speak fluent English
If this sounds like something you'd be passionate about, then we'd love to hear from you.
Apply now for a role:
Contact: For any queries contact Gatwick’s HR team on 0845 266 0070