Aspiring Leaders Programme
Our Aspiring Leaders Programme 2014 has now closed, but keep checking back for news on our 2015 programme.
This three year programme offers a fantastic opportunity to gain real hands on experience in front line roles and management. Through rotations around multiple departments including security, terminal operations, engineering, retail, procurement and airside operations, you will develop a well- rounded appreciation of how the busiest single runway in the world operates.
Our Aspiring Leaders Programme provides an insight into the variety of support functions that work together to provide a maximum customer experience and operational excellence. We are always looking to deliver more and you will be a part of this growth by contributing ideas, continuous improvement, delivering projects to drive change, problem solving and working across functions.
During your time on the Aspiring Leaders Programme you will:
- Work in the front line of the business dealing with passengers and airlines and behind the scenes with our support teams driving customer experience and management of the business
- Work in a supervisory role to manage and lead a team
- Have project work or experience in Finance, HR, Internal Communications, Procurement and Retail
- Work as part of a team to deliver results.
What we're offering
Support and development plays a key part in any successful career at Gatwick.
As part of the Aspiring Leaders Programme you will be assigned a mentor from our senior leader team who will be on hand to guide you through your career. As a future leader at Gatwick, you will be enrolled on the well-recognised and highly valued Discovery OPEN Programme (which is accredited with the Institute of Leadership and Management) to develop your potential and your key business and personal skills.
What we're looking for
The Aspiring Leaders Programme is about spotting potential. We are looking for individuals who demonstrate the drive and commitment to be the best and who strive to deliver exceptional results. We need people who:
- Love working on intense projects that will make a difference to our customers
- Are open to new learning experiences and like to take ownership of their own development
- Have a great aptitude for problem solving
- Love working as part of a dynamic team
- Thrive in a changing environment
- Are good, strong, authentic communicators
- Are driven to outperform deliver outstanding results
To apply you must have the following criteria:
- Post further education with at least six months work experience
- Interest in working in a dynamic customer services environment
- Embrace the desire to learn in a challenging fast paced airport environment
- Show good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
Applicants will also need to demonstrate competence in Gatwick’s core values and behaviours: