COVID-19 TRAVEL INFORMATION
Airport and travel information related to coronavirus (COVID-19)
Please note: all flights to and from Gatwick are temporarily operating from our North Terminal.
We understand that air travel in this current coronavirus (COVID-19) world is a new experience for everybody. It is our priority to ensure that all our passengers and staff at the airport keep healthy and safe and follow the UK Government’s guidelines. There are four key things we would like you to do as you travel through the airport to protect yourselves and your fellow passengers. These are also displayed throughout our terminals.
- Wear a face covering while travelling through Gatwick - following government leglislation, this is now compulsory in all enclosed transport hubs, including airports.*
- Maintain social distancing.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Keep your hands clean on the go by using hand sanitiser.
* Face coverings will not be mandatory for anyone under the age of 11 or those with disabilities or certain health conditions, such as respiratory or cognitive impairments that make it difficult for them to wear a face covering.
All our staff will also be wearing face masks in passengers areas of the airport.
Our North Terminal is open for flight arrivals and departures and all flights to and from Gatwick are temporarily operating only from this terminal. If you arrive by train, then please take the free shuttle between terminals. If you are driving, then please book one of our parking options.
If you are arriving into the UK you must complete a Government form up to 48 hours before arrival. Please download the completed form to your phone or print it, as you may be required to show it at Border Control. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office also has the latest guidance for people travelling overseas.
Advice for travelling through Gatwick
There are a number of differences you will see when you travel through the airport. Our video (above) shows what you can expect to see when you travel through Gatwick now. You can also view or print our infographic with all the necessary information.
- All our staff working at the airport will be wearing a face mask or covering in passenger areas of the terminal and all passengers will be required to wear a face covering too.
- You will see protective screens in place at many places including check-in, boarding and gates. This is to protect both you and those working at Gatwick. There are also additional cleaning measures in place to help you feel reassured. These include dedicated staff to clean common use surfaces, touchscreens, handrails etc. We have also installed special ‘PPE bins’ in the terminals which are clearly marked for the disposal of face coverings and gloves only.
- You will hear in-terminal announcements and see plenty of signage and digital reminders to about keeping to social distancing rules and to wash or sanitiser your hands regularly throughout your journey.
- We have installed a large number of hand sanitiser stations throughout the terminals, and other places where you can wash your hands are clearly marked.
- You will also notice that seating arrangements have been changed to ensure social distancing measures can be observed. Families and groups travelling together will, however, be able to sit together
- In some areas of the airport, one-way flows will be in place.
We’ve compiled some additional answers to some of your most frequently asked questions with regards to coronavirus and travel.