London Gatwick brand flow line over dark blue background London Gatwick brand flow line over dark blue background

Templates and forms

Use our template forms when you're giving references for ID passes or security interviews

Template letters
The below templates are based on our authorised signatory training scheme. If you want to vary the content, make sure that you do not amend the questions but feel free to change the style or tone. Please use your company letterhead when preparing the letters.

Educational reference

Employment agency reference

If your applicant's application was with an agency

Employment agency reference

Employment in family business reference

To verify details when an applicant was employed by their own family. 

Family business reference

Employment reference

For referees, not for the current employer

Employment reference - PDF

Employment reference - Word Document

Forecourt request form

To apply for staff exemption to forecourt drop-off charges.

Forecourt request form

Gap reference

For references covering gaps in employment

Gap reference

HMRC reference & using the HMRC app

If self-employed or in a family business that is no longer listed

HMRC reference

How to confirm your employment details using the HMRC app

Internal transfer of staff

The internal transfer form can be used in place of references for the purpose of applying for an ID Pass. The form needs to be completed, uploaded and submitted via Mtrust with a new pass application within 28 days of the applicant leaving their previous employer. 

Internal transfer of staff form

Jobcentre Plus reference

If your applicant was unemployed.

Jobcentre Plus reference

Personal Reference

Security interview forms

It is the responsibility of the sponsoring company to conduct the security interview needed for all pass holders.

Security interview declaration form

HMRC Employment Data Security Interview form

Self-employment reference

To verify details when an applicant has been self-employed.

Self-employment reference

Sponsoring company reference

For the current or most recent employer.

Sponsoring company reference

Voluntary sector reference

For references from volunteer work employers

Voluntary sector reference

Other useful forms

Airside driving licence

For vehicles to be driven airside. To apply for an airside operator’s licence (required before you can apply for vehicle passes), visit the AIRDAT websiteor call them on 01227 200066 option 3.