Train drivers strike
We are expecting significant disruption to rail services to and from Gatwick on 13, 14 and 16 December. There will be no Southern trains and reduced Gatwick Express services. Please check your route in advance and allow extra travel time.More information
Security is our top priority at Gatwick
One of the most visible aspects of the security process is making sure our passengers do not take on-board prohibited items. Help us to make this quicker for you, by following a few guidelines.
Knowing what’s allowed and what’s not allowed before you arrive – as well as allowing yourself plenty of time to follow all the security procedures when you get to Gatwick – will save you time and inconvenience and make your journey more enjoyable.
Please follow our advice:
- Have your boarding card ready for inspection – your passport is not required at security.
- Have all your liquid toiletries (including creams, gels, pastes, sprays and aerosols) in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag of 20cm x 20cm in size ready to be x-rayed separately from your bag.
- All liquid toiletries must be 100ml/100g or less in size. This includes electronic cigarettes.
- Take your laptop, iPad, Kindle and any other similar, large electrical items out of your hand baggage to be x-rayed separately.
- Remove coats, jackets and belts. They will need to be x-rayed along with your bag.
- You may be asked to remove your shoes before going through the security archway.