Security is our top priority at Gatwick
One of the most visible aspects of the security process is making sure our passengers do not take on-board prohibited items. Help us to make this quicker for you, by following a few guidelines.
Knowing what’s allowed and what’s not allowed before you arrive – as well as allowing yourself plenty of time to follow all the security procedures when you get to Gatwick – will save you time and inconvenience and make your journey more enjoyable.
Please follow this advice:
- Have your boarding pass ready to scan – your passport is not required at security.
- Have all your liquid toiletries (including creams, gels, pastes, sprays and aerosols) in one transparent, re-sealable, airtight plastic bag of 20cm x 20cm in size ready to be x-rayed separately from your bag.
- All liquid toiletries must be in containers 100ml/100g or less in size. This includes electronic cigarettes.
- Take your laptop, iPad, Kindle and any other similar, large electrical items out of your hand baggage to be x-rayed separately.
- Remove coats, jackets and belts. They will need to be x-rayed along with your bag.
- You may be asked to remove your shoes before going through the security archway.
New guidance from the Department for Transport: we recommend that all food and powders should be packed in to hold baggage wherever possible. These items can obstruct images on x-ray machines, leading to additional manual bag checks. This may cause delays at security.