Security is our top priority at Gatwick
One of the most visible aspects of the security process is making sure our passengers do not take on-board prohibited items. Help us to make this quicker for you, by following a few guidelines.
Knowing what’s allowed and what’s not allowed before you arrive – as well as allowing yourself plenty of time to follow all the security procedures when you get to Gatwick – will save you time and inconvenience and make your journey more enjoyable.
Please follow our advice:
- Have only your boarding card ready for inspection – your passport is not required at security.
- Have all your toiletries, aftershaves, perfumes and cosmetics (in containers of 100ml or less) in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag for security staff to x-ray separately.
- Remove coats and jackets. They will be screened separately while you walk through the security archway.
- Take your laptop, tablet (ie. iPad) and any other large electrical items from your hand baggage to be x-rayed separately
- You may be asked to remove your shoes and belt before going through the security archway.