Currency & cash
Gatwick has partnered with Moneycorp for currency exchange. You can get some great value deals if you pre-order your currency with them for collection at the airport.
To reserve your currency from home before you fly simply visit the Moneycorp website.
Our airport partner Moneycorp can offer you:
- Preferential exchange rates – get better value than other high street providers can offer.
- No commission charges on currencies or travellers cheques.*
- Pay on collection – no need to pay when you order your currency. Simply pay when you collect it.
All major credit and debit cards accepted.
* Sterling travellers cheques are excluded and subject to a 1.75% commission charge.
At the airport
It's always cheaper to pre-order your currency online and collect it at the airport, but if you forget don't worry as Moneycorp has units and ATMs in convenient locations across the airport.
- Convenient: no need for a special trip to the high street.
- Always open: We have units that are open 24 hours in both terminals.
- Over 50 currencies available*:
We hold currencies for all of the destination served directly from our terminals and many others besides.
*Subject to legal restrictions on the supply of certain currencies
Explorer multi-currency MasterCard®
The explorer multi-currency MasterCard® is a prepaid card that allows you to load multiple currencies on to one card and then use to access your travel
Currencies available to load are British Pounds (GBP), Euros (EUR), US Dollars (USD), Australian Dollars (AUD), New Zealand Dollars (NZD), Canadian Dollars (CAD), South African Rand (ZAR), Turkish Lira (TRY), Swiss Franc (CHF) and UAE Dirham (AED).
You can use your explorer card just like you would your debit card and in addition to withdrawing local currency whilst you're abroad, the card can also be used in shops and online.
- Lock in exchange rates
- Safe - Chip & PIN protected
- Secure - Not linked to your bank account
- Convenient - Avoid carrying a lot of cash
- Free to use abroad to make purchases
- Free to order online and at any of our branches
- Easily access your money and reload at your leisure
- Hold up to 10 currencies on your card at any one time.
Terms and conditions apply
Explorer multi-currency MasterCard® is issued by R. Raphael & Sons plc, pursuant to license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard® is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc. Raphaels Bank is a UK Bank authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (registration number 161302) and is permitted to issue e-money. Head office and registered office at 19-21 Shaftesbury Ave, London W1D 7ED, company registration number 01288938.
Cash machines (ATMs) are available in both terminals before and after security control. They will accept all valid UK bank cards and there is no charge for using this service. They also accept credit cards which your credit card company may charge for