Monthly performance reports
At Gatwick we are committed to ensuring all areas of our business live up to the expectations of our passengers, our partners and our regulator.
Gatwick operates in partnership with our airlines within a system of contracts and commitments. In this way of working our service standards are agreed with our airline partners and endorsed by the CAA. By comparison, previously the CAA set and measured all our performance and standards.
We publish one key performance report which touches all areas of our business and measures our service standards against what has been agreed with our airlines.*
What's included in the report
- Core Service Standards: These include both passenger focussed metrics (such as departure lounge seat availability, cleanliness and queues at security) and airline metrics (such as queues at staff security and the availability of services including piers, jetties and stands). These are measured by a mix of passenger surveys and statistics.
- Airline Service Standards: This covers baggage delivery standards. We report how airlines at Gatwick perform against a target of delivering the last bag within 35 minutes for small and medium sized aircraft (such as a Boeing 737 or Airbus A320) and 50 minutes for large aircraft (such as a Boeing 777 or Airbus A330). In the future we also plan to measure check-in waiting times.
- PRM service and notification: How many PRMs (passengers with reduced mobility who need assistance through the airport) we handle, the number of flights with PRMs on board and the number of compliments and complaints.
- On-time performance: How punctual are the flights that depart and arrive at Gatwick? We show how many flights arrive or depart early, or less than 15 minute after their scheduled time, and how many flights are late.
- ACI Airport Service Quality Ranking: This is a measurement of airport service quality undertaken by Airports Council International. We publish our own score, along with 22 European competitors, as well as how this score has changed over time.
*Except Border Force which is reported on separately
We publish details of rebates paid to our airline customers under our Commitments framework.
*No rebates paid were paid during the 2018/2019 finacial year as there were no Core Service Standards failures.